The way you get support from us will be different for a while, but we are still here. Things are still changing, so keep checking this page, Facebook, and our national coronavirus info page for updates.
If your worker isn’t available, please give us a call on the main service number. We’re answering calls between 0930 and 1630 weekdays. If you ring outside of those hours, please leave a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Updates to the service:
- Our service is running but we are running telephone-based support and appointments.
- Needle Exchange and Naloxone can be accessed only from our 102-104 Bridge Street site (PE1 1DY). Please call ahead to get a pack if possible. If you can't come in, give us a ring and we can drop some off to you.
- To help you stay safe, we are changing the way we prescribe medication for a while. Please take a look at our prescriptions info page to see what’s happening. If you have any questions about this, give us a call.
- We are running some groups online using Zoom. If you'd like to join, get in touch.
What we offer
We want to support you in the best way we can. This means we'll listen to you and understand your situation.
There are lots of options to help you make changes or start your recovery. We offer one-to-one support, medical prescribing, detoxification and more.
We are located in the Herlington Community Centre.
- Unit 26 Herlington Centre
Peterborough PE2 5PW
There is parking outside the front of the service.
- Monday 11:00 - 16:30
- Thursday 09:30 - 16:30
Phone number: 01733 237853
Email: [email protected]
Follow us on social media to see what's happening in the service and the community.
Advice and support
Your first visit
When you arrive, a member of our team will greet you. Then someone will meet you for an initial assessment.
Our welcome group
At the welcome group, you'll be able to ask us any questions you might have about the service. You'll learn more about recovery and treatment options.