The way you get support from us might be different for a while, but we are still here. Things are still changing, so keep checking this page, our Facebook, Twitter, and our national Coronavirus information pages for updates.
If your keyworker isn’t available, please give us a call on the main service number or leave a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Updates to the service:
- Our service is running, but we're doing appointments over the phone.
- We are still taking new referrals.
- Needle Exchange and Naloxone are available from all our hubs during open access hours. These are:
Accrington hub: Monday to Friday 10:00 - 15:00
Burnley hub: Monday to Friday 10:00 - 15:00
Nelson hub: Monday to Friday 10:00 - 15:00
- We are also offering an online needle exchange service. You can order supplies and they'll be delivered to you. To register for this service, call Lyndsey on 07552 245 934.
- To help you stay safe, we are changing the way we prescribe medication for a while. Please take a look at our prescriptions info page to see what’s happening. If you have any questions about this, give us a call.
How we can help
We are here to help you achieve your goals. We'll listen to your needs and make sure we tailor your care to suit you. As well as supporting people who are worried about their own drug and alcohol use, we offer advice and guidance to family and friends.
We are opposite Tesco, a 5-minute walk from the train station.
- 33 Eagle Street
Accrington BB5 1LN
We have a large car park including disabled spaces.
These are our opening times. We are open late on a Thursday, until 20:00.
- Monday 9:00 - 17:00
- Tuesday 9:00 - 17:00
- Wednesday 9:00 - 17:00
- Thursday 9:00 - 20:00
- Friday 9:00 - 17:00
If you'd like to find out more about us and how we can help you, please do get in touch. You can phone us on 01254 495 382.
Don't forget to follow us on social media for more information and to see what's happening at the service.
Advice and support
Our care coordinators will work with you to produce a recovery plan that works towards your specific goals. We'll take into account your hopes and aspirations, and help you achieve them.
We'll connect you with like-minded people who are going through the same thing as you. You'll be able to share insights and experiences, and motivate each other towards your goals.
Our team of nurses and health and wellbeing assistants will complete a full health assessment with you. Then, they'll make sure you get any treatment you require.
Your first visit
A friendly member of our team will be there to greet you when you arrive. You can speak to someone at reception who will ask for your details and give you a referral form to complete. If you'd like, you can speak to a member of our engagement team and ask any questions you have.
There isn't anything specific you need to bring with you for your first appointment.