The way you get support from us might be different for a while, but we are still here. If you're worried about something, please get in touch. Things are still changing, so keep checking this page, our Facebook and our national Coronavirus information pages
Updates to the service
- Our hubs are open for appointments only. Instead, we'll speak to you on the phone, on Teams or on Zoom.
- To help you stay safe, we are changing the way we prescribe medication for a while. Please take a look at our prescription information page to see what's happening. If you have any questions about this, please give us a call.
- We're running groups online at the moment. Check our Facebook page to see the timetable. We are running the groups on Zoom. Get in touch with your key worker for more information.
- If our opening hours of 9:00 - 17:00 aren't suitable, please do let us know. Our coordinators can arrange your appointment in the evening. We work 9:00 - 19:00 on Wednesdays
- We also have an out of hours phone line. If you ring our main number, you'll be connected to our out of hours service.
Needle exchange and naloxone
- Needle exchange and naloxone are available at both hubs. If you're isolating, let us know and we can support you with supplies. You can find your local pharmacy here.
How we can help
We aim to empower you to identify and realise your goals throughout your recovery journey, in order to live a healthier, safer life. If you are concerned about your or someone else’s drug or alcohol use, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch and speak to a member of the team about how we can support you. You will be greeted by a welcoming team of professionals who offer a range of opportunities from workshops, brief interventions, structured groups and one-to-one sessions.
- The Peake Centre
Unit 12-14 Chapel Brook Park
Merseyside L36 6FH
On a Wednesday, we're open late until 19:00.
- Monday9:00 - 17:00
- Tuesday9:00 - 17:00
- Wednesday9:00 - 19:00
- Thursday9:00 - 17:00
- Friday9:00 - 17:00
Your first visit
When you arrive you will be greeted by a member of our friendly staff team, we'll have a quick chat about what support we can offer you. We know it can seem daunting at first, but you can chat with staff in our waiting room and have a hot drink before your appointment.
If you'd like to bring a friend or family member for support, please do.
What we offer
- Group work programmes
- Education training and employment
- Signposting to other agencies
- Family support
- Alcohol detox in the community
- Opiate substitute prescribing
Cheshire and Merseyside Counselling Service
We offer one-to-one counselling to support you in your recovery. We can support you with activities like guided meditation, emotional management and creative groups. We can do this face-to-face, online or over the phone. It's a safe space for you to open up without fear of being judged.
If you'd like to have counselling, please speak to your recovery coordinator.