If you do not speak English, visit the Doctors of the World website for coronavirus information in other languages.
- Jezyk Polski / Polish – Wskazowki (Covid19)
- [ਪੰਜਾਬੀ] / PUNJABI – ੋਰੋਨਾ ਵਾਇਰਸ (Covid-19 ) ਮਾਰਗਦਰਸ਼ਨ
- اردو / URDU - کورونا وائرس (Covid19)سے متعلق رہنمائ
Here is information on how to translate websites using Google Chrome.
We want everyone to be able to use our website. That means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We’ve also written the pages in a way that is as clear and simple as possible, so everyone can understand them.
This guide from AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use.
Accessibility of this website
This statement only covers our main website (changegrowlive.org).
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible and need improving:
- There are some problems with the way our interactive quizzes function with screen readers.
- Our local service sites use embedded Google maps, which don’t work with screen readers.
- PDF documents are not accessible to screen reader software.
You can find more detail on these issues below.
Contact us about accessibility on this website
If you find any problems not listed on this page, please contact our marketing team via email on [email protected].
How we're improving accessibility
- We are working through all the problems we have found in testing and fixing them as quickly as possible.
- We will keep testing our site (more information further down the page) to make sure everyone can use it.
- We are in the process of completing the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Introduction to Web Accessibility course, to improve our understanding of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). W3C is an international community that creates standards for the web.
- We are hoping to collaborate with other charities to share learnings in this area.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Change Grow Live is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- It is now possible to use our interactive quizzes using just a keyboard, however the screen reader defaults to the button on each page, rather than starting by reading the question.
This problem means we don’t meet requirement 2.1.1. We plan to fix this by November 2020.
- We use embedded Google maps.
This problem means we don’t meet requirement 1.1.1. We will start looking at ways to improve the accessibility of our maps by December 2020.
We will continue to add to this list if we find more problems during testing.
- The documents on our website do not meet accessibility standards, because they are not fully accessible to a screen reader.
This problem means we don’t meet requirement 2.1.1. We currently don’t have the resource required to re-create all our documents in an accessible format. We are avoiding uploading documents to our website as much as possible and plan to eventually have no documents on the site, so it is fully accessible.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
Problems we have fixed
- Links at the top of pages that allow you to jump to a section further down the page don’t work with screen readers.
This problem meant that we didn't meet requirement 2.1.1. We fixed this in April 2020.
- You can't use some of our forms using just a keyboard.
This problem meant we didn’t meet requirement 2.1.1. We fixed this in May 2020.
- Some icons and logos are missing alternative text for screen readers.
This problem meant we didn’t meet requirement 1.1.1. We fixed all the issues we were aware of by May 2020.
- Some elements are missing labels.
This problem meant we didn’t meet requirement 1.3.1. We fixed all the issues we were aware of by May 2020.
How we test our website
- We last tested this website on 6 February 2020. We carried out content testing with people who have previously accessed our service in Ealing.
- We carried out 3 days of task-based user testing on the key areas of the site in November 2019.
- We use Axe, an automated accessibility validation tool, to test our website against the WCAG standards.
- We use our website with Narrator, a screen-reading app that's built into Windows 10 computers, to find any features that don’t work with screen reading software.
- We use Hemingway, an online app that helps you make sure your content is simple and easy to understand. We aim for every page to have a reading age of 10-11.
- We will continue to hold regular user testing and content testing sessions with people who use or have used our services.
If you make a complaint and give your contact details, we will contact you to confirm we have received it within 5 days. We will give you a full response to your complaint within 28 days.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations for organisations like Change Grow Live. If you’re not happy with how we respond to a complaint, you can contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
This statement was prepared on 26 February 2020. It was last updated on 28 September 2020.